An image has gone viral on social media which shows an AajTak news channel stating that the Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan’s wife has been tested positive for novel Coronavirus.
Following image is viral –
Gaurav Tiwari (All India National Secretary BJYM, INDIAN, traveller, Retweets are not endorsement, followed by Prime Minister of India – From his Twitter bio) tweeted the image and inquired if it’s true or not
क्या यह खबर सत्य है ???
पाक पीएम की पत्नी और ड्राइवर पॉजिटिव ???
इमरान नेगेटिव ???
— Gaurav Tiwari (@gauravtiwarirau) April 9, 2020
More than 1000 retweets
Not trying to sensationalize but Begum got infected, So did the driver. Imran Uncle did not get infected! 🤔😉 pic.twitter.com/R9uiNGpZqs
— L̶o̶n̶e̶ Crusader 🇮🇳 (@seriousfunnyguy) April 11, 2020
This is a digitally edited image and is not true. After comparing the above image with that of an actual AajTak news bulletin, it can be concluded that:
- Various details of the channel are askew and blurred including the channel name.
- An important detail to be noticed is that the time stamp is absent from the image posted by the individual concerned.
- The first two letters from the word ‘BREAKING’ is missing.
- There is subsequent font variations from the official bulletin.
- Another important mistake is the alignment of the image which is tilted, a mistake no professional news bulletins make.
- The name of the organisation on the bottom right corner is also conveniently blurred.
Rahul Kanwal, an India Today news anchor also cleared it
— Rahul Kanwal (@rahulkanwal) April 11, 2020
More false ones
The real news is in the last line 😜👇 pic.twitter.com/MkhfNPjHXN
— Shirish Thorat (@shirishthorat) April 11, 2020
- Is the video titled, “Amit Shah disowns Modi” being circulated on WhatsApp, a mobile-formatting virus? - June 7, 2020
- Was the White House stormed in by protestors amidst the death of African-American George Floyd? - June 4, 2020
- Video of a man made to lick spit in Surat shared with a communal angle - June 1, 2020