A Message is viral on WhatsApp which promises you Rs. 4500 every month if you fill up the form on a website and apply. It claims to be for Prime Minister unemployment compensation scheme.
Message: “प्रधानमंत्री बेरोजगार भत्ता में अपना रजिस्ट्रेशन करे और पाए 4500 हर महीने रजिस्ट्रेशन करने के लिए निचे दिए गए लिंक पर क्लिक कर अपना फॉर्म भरे यहाँ से करे आवेदन 👇👇 👉🏼 https://www.sarkariyojnar#$ews.co.in/
🙏 क्रप्या ध्यान दे: 🙏 रजिस्ट्रेशन फ्री है अपने दोस्तों को भी शेयर करे जिससे उनको भी लाभ पहुचे हर युवा रोजगार जल्द से जल्द फॉर्म भरे”
Translation: “Register under Prime Minister unemployment compensation and receive Rs. 4500 every month. For registeration, click on the link given under and fill up the form. Apply here, link”
Below is a screenshot of the features it claims
Following is the screenshot of the form it asks you to fill
This is yet another WhatsApp scam going on for years under different names. All they want is your mobile number.
How to recognize such scams ?
1. The government official websites have URLs ending with “.gov.in” etc.
2. Such scam websites are poorly made, without any additional info.
3. They look alike i.e. vertical in both mode i.e. mobile and desktop
4. Most importantly, after filling up the form, site asks you to share the message in 8 or 10 other WhatsApp groups or contacts.
How does these work ?
Since it’s not asking for any money and promising something very tempting e.g. Rs. 4500 per month for nothing, people fall for such scams and fill it following all instructions.
They makers of such scams usually post it in many WhatsApp groups and people take over from there. 1 man share to 8 groups, out of average 25 group members, 5-10 fall for this and share in their 8 groups and within hours, lakhs of people register.
The scamster gets a database of lakhs of Mobile number which he can sale to Tele Marketers and people will start receiving calls for insurance/investment etc..
Earlier such scams debunked
- 2019 photo of Delhi CM distributing masks is viral falsely relating it to the COVID pandemic. - April 6, 2021
- Did the soldier visit Delhi border to meet his protesting farmer father ? - February 9, 2021
- Sambit Patra and many others shared an edited video of Delhi CM Kejriwal claiming he supports Farm Bill. - January 31, 2021