A Photo is viral on Whatsapp which looks like a Petrol Bill. At the bottom of the bill, a sentence is printed
“If you want to reduce petrol price, don’t vote Modi again”
A popular singer, Caralisa Monterio tweeted the image with text “Hmm. I am agree.”
Hmm. I am agree. pic.twitter.com/p1f9FmH5Kr
— Caralisa Monteiro (@runcaralisarun) October 9, 2018
The supposed bill is of Date 4th Oct 2018
This was questioned to SMHoaxSlayer on twitter.
It was obvious from the first look that it’s edited and fake.
There are a lot of discrepancies on the bill.
– The size of font of date ’04/10/2018′ is smaller than time ’10:17′
– In Bill No. font of ‘1345’ is thicker than the 0s
Again the font of 88.47 is different at all the places and event the shade of black is different too
Further the fonts of the scentence is completey different and not correctly aligned to the above contents
SMHoaxSlayer tried to search for the petrol pump for confirmation as mentioned in the bill but couldn’t find any.
Further, the original/source photo was found from which the fake one was created
The above is just a sample image used by many manufacturer/supplier/trader of POS Billing machines.
SMHoaxSlayer confirmed them and they said, they use it just as sample and there is no such Petrol Pump with the same name in the given location.
Following are the screenshots from the websites of the manufacturer/supplier/trader
So someone downloaded the sample image from the net and edited it.
More Fakes –
This was posted in a Facebook group Nation Wants to Know by Shankar Ganesh
- Last year’s video from UK of a Sikh chanting slogans in favor of Pakistan is viral as from ongoing framers’ protest. - November 29, 2020
- A yoga video shot before PM Modi was born is viral claimed to be his. - November 25, 2020
- A 15 year old spoof of a suicide bomber in a car is viral now as a real ‘ad’ by Volkswagen. - November 24, 2020