A video is viral showing a man offering namaz standing alone in the middle of a busy road.
Posted on Facebook by “Govind Maheshwari”, has been shared by 6000 people, seen by approx 3.5 Lakh people
A handle by name “Pusphendra Kulshrestha” tweeted the video and has Pinned at top on his timeline which till now has been retweeted approx 3200 times.
“इस विडियो को गौर से देखें… क्या यह दंगा कराने के मकसद से नमाज नहीं पढ़ रहा“
Translation: “Look at this video in detail. Isn’t he offering Namaz with intention of causing riots ?”
इस विडियो को गौर से देखें…
क्या यह दंगा कराने के मकसद से नमाज नहीं पढ़ रहा😡 pic.twitter.com/3QYL0fpymh
— Pushpendra Kulshrestha (@Nationalist_Om) June 23, 2019
The following post by Govind Maheshwari has been shared by 6000 people, seen by approx 3.5 Lakh people
The video is not from India.
This video was viral in India in December 2018 too. Many claimed this to be stupid and idiotic, others claiming this to be a crime as it endangers lives and may cause traffic issues.
As far as we could trace this video was first tweeted on 12th Dec 2018 by “Abdillah Toha” which was retweeted more than 10,000 times
Contoh orang beragama yang kurang sehat akalnya karena overdosis. pic.twitter.com/D9IRkRUR1D
— Abdillah Toha (@AT_AbdillahToha) December 12, 2018
Liputan6 is an Indonesian Media which reported the same video claiming to be from Malaysia
— Liputan6.com (@liputan6dotcom) December 14, 2018
Further, looking at the Video closely, we found more proofs
We checked out the details on the advertising hoarding on other side of the road
1. The Language is Malaya, spoken in Malasiya. The word in the middle “PERDAGANGAN” means “Trading” in English
2. The Number given is also of a Estate/Construction company SCLand
3. The logo on the billboard under other details also matches SCLand Company’s logo
- Did Rishi Sunak performed Puja before entering the Prime Minister office ? No, the viral video is two years old. - October 28, 2022
- No, that’s not the British PM to be, Rishi Sunank but Ashish Nehra with Virat Kohli. - October 24, 2022
- The viral video of empty chairs from PM Modi’s Modhera event is misleading. - October 11, 2022