A letter as OFFICE MEMORENDUM by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare @MoHFW_INDIA in form of image and pdf is viral on WhatsApp claiming Holiday is made mandatory in 4 states, and also have included a fine of Rs 5000 per day for not following the orders.
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Government of India
Nirman Bhawan, New Dehli
Dated the 13th March, 2020
Subject: Clarification regarding declaration of holidays for the states
– Uttar Pradesh
Kindly recalling all queries raised by state organization of queries
regarding declaration of holidays of the above mentioned state.
- Experts across the world have advised to reduce mass gathering to
avoid the spread of COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus disease. In the view
of the above, it is advised that mass gathering may be avoided or
possibly be postponed till the disease spread is contained.
- As an step towards containing the disease Ministry of Health & Family
Welfare declares holiday from the period of 14th March, 2020 to 21st
- This holiday is mandatory to all schools, colleges, educational institutes,
work place having more than 10 employees present in at a time, all the
statutory & local bodies of the state.
- In case of any breach of the order a fine of Rs. 5000/- will applicable
States may take necessary action accordingly in the matter.
Under Secretary for Government of India
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has called the viral letter fake.
“It is clarified that the above mentioned O.M is fake and has NOT BEEN issued by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare. Necessary action under extant law is being initiated.” – Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Update on COVID-19: Fact check on fake O.M of Health Ministry
A fake O.M. from the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare has been doing the rounds today. The fake O.M. is regarding the subject “Clarification regarding declaration of holidays for the States” and is dated 13th March, 2020.
It is clarified that the above mentioned O.M is fake and has NOT BEEN issued by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
Necessary action under extant law is being initiated.
(Release ID: 1606395) Visitor Counter : 21301
Fact check on fake O.M of Health Ministry.
— Ministry of Health (@MoHFW_INDIA) March 13, 2020
— PIB India (@PIB_India) March 13, 2020
- 2019 photo of Delhi CM distributing masks is viral falsely relating it to the COVID pandemic. - April 6, 2021
- Did the soldier visit Delhi border to meet his protesting farmer father ? - February 9, 2021
- Sambit Patra and many others shared an edited video of Delhi CM Kejriwal claiming he supports Farm Bill. - January 31, 2021