An image is viral with large number of people sitting in a cargo plane claimed to Afghanistan citizens being airlifted from Kabul after the ongoing issue of Taliban taking over.
Tweet Text –
“IAF C 17 with 800 people airlifted….a record. That’s a train load almost. The previous highest was 670. This is from Kabul Airport this morning“
IAF C 17 with 800 people airlifted….a record. That's a train load almost. The previous highest was 670.
This is from Kabul Airport this morning pic.twitter.com/i3PkKDKgzS
— prema lakshminarayan (@GEEMS71) August 16, 2021
IAF C17 airlifts from Kabul airport with 800 Indians. A record which previously stood at 670. pic.twitter.com/t6u1iAgUbU
— N K Chauhan (@NeelChaauhannkc) August 16, 2021
IAF C17 airlifts from Kabul airport with 800 Indians. A record which previously stood at 670. pic.twitter.com/mG1eheIzju
— Simple 🌺🍀🌻 (@GuptaBravi) August 16, 2021
This photo is not recent from Afghanistan and not ben done by Indian Air Force. It is 8 years old photo from Philippines, when US Air force evacuated people to save them from a Typhoon.
The first thing we did was to zoom the photo and look closely.
- Not even a single person was wearing the clothes worn in Afghanistan.
- The faces looked East Asian and not west.
On reverse image search we found this viral image to be from Philippines, Year 2013
More than 670 Tacloban residents sit on board a C-17 Globemaster III before being evacuated to Manila following Super Typhoon Haiyan, which hit the Philippines Nov. 17, 2013. The C-17 is deployed from the 535th Airlift Squadron at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii, to Clark Air Base in the Philippines in support of Operation Damayan, a humanitarian assistance and disaster relief effort. In addition to the safe transport of the passengers, the Hickam based crew also successfully delivered more than 100, 000 pounds of cargo. (U.S. Air Force Photo/Staff Sgt. Ramon Brockington) – Source
Following is the real photo
— shaimaa khalil BBC (@Shaimaakhalil) August 17, 2021
Airlifting 670 people had been a record which probably has been broken today by flying 800 from Kabul today.
- A concept design created a decade ago for New Delhi station is viral as Ayodhya Railway Station. - September 22, 2021
- No, that fish shaped light entering the dome is not a miracle at Ajmer Dargah. Science has an explanation. - September 21, 2021
- An old Venezuela’s video of beheading, is added to an UP’s video of a Muslim mob beating a man suggesting they killed him - September 3, 2021