A small video clip of a Railway Engine parked in Vadodara loco shed, painted with advertisement of Fortune Brand Flour is viral relating it to ongoing farmer’s agitation.
The video is viral with following texts –
- “Kishan bill sarkar vapas kyon legi ? jabki iski tayyari pahlese ho chuki he adani ke chakki aata ki ad indian railway ke engine pe lag chuki he”
- “Now Railway is not Indian Property, It is adani s Railway’
- “Sabhi desh wasiyo ko Adani railway 🚂🚃🚃🚃 ki taraf bahoot bahoot mubarak”
- “Lo bhai adani ki rail bhi taiyar ho gayi …. aur kehte the k railway ka nijikaran nahi hoga …. worst days are cooming soon”
Hardik Patel, Working President Gujarat Congress, tweeted the video with following text –
“भारतीय रेल पर अदानी के फ़्रेश आटे का विज्ञापन देखने लायक़ हैं। अब तो दावे के साथ कह सकते है की किसानों की लड़ाई सत्य के मार्ग पर हैं।”
Translation: “Adani’s fresh flour’s advertisement on Indian rail is worth watching. We can say with solid claim that farmer’s fight is on the track of the truth”
भारतीय रेल पर अदानी के फ़्रेश आटे का विज्ञापन देखने लायक़ हैं। अब तो दावे के साथ कह सकते है की किसानों की लड़ाई सत्य के मार्ग पर हैं। pic.twitter.com/WB97kaG6Fe
— Hardik Patel (@HardikPatel_) December 12, 2020
Railways' Prime Properties will be sold to the Private Sector!👇👇😔😔😥 pic.twitter.com/R1AjmWNGmM
— Shenaz30 (@iraniShenaz1958) December 11, 2020
कोरोना का तो बहाना है गाड़ियों का कलर हो रहा अदानी अम्बानी के नाम से pic.twitter.com/Mua776ONVr
— Anshu Vashishtha (@AnshuVashishtha) December 11, 2020
544 shares –
This video is merely an advertisement of a brand on Indian Railways Engine for revenue generation. This was started 7 years ago in 2013 with first brand being “Amul”.
Since 2013, many brands have advertised, with their brand on Locomotive Engines.
Since a train travels and crosses through various cities, being seen by thousands and lakhs of people, this was considered a good idea for revenue generation by Indian Railways.
Amul (2013) –
Sharon Plywood –
Tata Steel –
Goel TMT –
Fortune Oil –
Porna Chicken –
The following video by “Railzone” shows many such brands on Engine
“Grappling with huge losses due to un-optimized advertising properties, the Indian Railway is now striving hard to revive their non-fare revenue schemes. As a first step the Indian Railways is reportedly expected to allow advertising on engines of different trains. As per news reports, the Railways have written to all states to use trains as their ad mediums to showcase their tourist spots, welfare schemes and other successful ventures.
Unlike coaches where flexes are allowed to be used, the engines will have only stickers as a branding. It may be noted that the Indian Railway has close to 13,000 trains running on a daily basis. They are currently charging Rs 1.98 lakh per year for branding products on an engine. The non-fare revenue is not even 5% of its total revenue of railways. Recently , the Railways also allowed for branding on freight trains.” Source – Media4Growth
A similar video was viral few months ago including Railways and Adani which we debunked then
- A set of four photos is viral claiming to be of prominent people out of which three are false. - July 29, 2022
- PM Modi did greet Kovind on his farewell but that part is trimmed in the viral video. - July 24, 2022
- An Eight year old Amul’s cartoon is viral with digital editing, relating it to GST - July 20, 2022