A Photo has been virally shared claiming to be of Latest Convocation of IIT BHU where Students have wore Indian Dress – Kurta Payjama.
Yes It does feel good but this image has two problems
– This is from 2016 Convocation
– It’s not IIT BHU but is IIIT Hyderabad i.e International Institute of Information Technology, not Indian Institute of Technology.
This outfit is truly charming. Congratulation BHU IIT for discarding those ugly relics of colonial times! https://t.co/obnf1xU9Um
— MadhuPurnima Kishwar (@madhukishwar) June 25, 2017
Students frm IIT BHU n other univs discarded traditional European Black Gown Cap n chose truly Indian attire for their convocation ceremony. pic.twitter.com/6lnQsv0yJd
— Mysterious Me (@roykajal) June 24, 2017
This is an important de-colonizing trend in USA among Blacks, and among people in many former colonies https://t.co/paaBfW67b9
— Rajiv Malhotra (@RajivMessage) June 25, 2017
A saga ends. Another begins!
Pictures from the 15th annual convocation of IIIT Hyderabad on 13th August, 2016. pic.twitter.com/RmkAvoZq7y
— IIIT Hyderabad (@iiit_hyderabad) August 14, 2016
They have been using same attire since Year 2013
“Even IIT BHU has also done the same –
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahome/indianews/article-2360794/IIT-BHU-students-ditch-cap-gown-ethnic-style-graduation-ceremony.html#ixzz4l6vzxGkq
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
- Sambit Patra and many others shared an edited video of Delhi CM Kejriwal claiming he supports Farm Bill. - January 31, 2021
- The portrait unveiled at Rashtrapati Bhavan is of Subhas Chandra Bose, not of an actor playing Bose’s role. - January 25, 2021
- Years old tradition of @MumbaiPolice, paying respect at Mahim Dargah is viral falsely relating it to politics. - January 13, 2021