Issue: Based on @wikileaks cables few biased websites & pages made posts that UPA was giving Siachen to Pakistan.
I’ve read the source and may be I’m little less gifted in grams of brain, correct me if I’m wrong but this is what i understood.
Dimillatirising Siachen by both countries. I.e. calling back Army. The reasons sited were
1. Siachen is the highest ground and not livable
2. A gesture for peace between two countries
But it was not about giving up of Siachen to Pakistan.
The proud Point here is Indian Army as a patriots they are, disagreed with government siting these points
1. Our fierce soldiers, their (ours too) brothers lost their lives defending Siachen.
2. Army had reasons to believe that Pakistan may backstab and try to take Siachen
So our Army won over Gov and this ultimately never happened.
This is what I understood from all the news links given below. No offence to any one. Proud of the brothers keeping me safe i.e. army.
Correct me if I’m wrong in this post and shall delete this with an apology.
- Congressmen are using an edited image explaining why Rahul Gandhi will become PM. - January 19, 2023
- A North Eastern cultural dress worn by PM Modi is being claimed as a Ladies’ dress which is digitally edited. - December 22, 2022
- An aerial photo of a Thailand Highway is being used by BJP leaders claimed as Mumbai Nagpur Samruddhi Expressway - December 9, 2022