Well, we all know elections are near and so is the political war, but can it be fought on lies ? Should fake news be the weapon of choice ? Unfortunately it is.
Infact fake news has it’s own seasons like elections, communal tensions etc.
In this case a video is viral showing someone tying turban on Modi ji’s head. Oh, yes, the video is quite genuine but the captions, text going along with it is not.
The Viral tweets claims Modi Ji is trying to appease Muslims of Gujarat out of fear of loosing out on upcoming elections.
Examples of Fakes
Acharya Pramod Krishnam is a well-known ‘spiritual guru’who has been arduously working to light up humanity in a society through spiritual and social activities
जो खुले मंच पर मुस्लिम टोपी पहनने से मना कर रहे थे,आज गुजरात चुनाव में बंद कमरे में मुस्लिम दस्तार बंधवा रहे है,राजनीति भी कमाल की चीज़ है pic.twitter.com/c9rZHwufhk
— Acharya Pramod (@AcharyaPramodk) October 31, 2017
| Analyst | Commentator | Blogger | Researcher | Panelist | Columnist http://newslaundry.com |
Modi is so scared to lose Gujarat, he's started to appease Muslim minority. You can see him bowing in front of & kissing the Islamic text. pic.twitter.com/vwfrVBcnbE
— Jas Oberoi (@iJasOberoi) November 1, 2017
Sanjay Singh from AAP
#आमआदमी के साथ एक आम आदमी।
मोदी जी को धन्यवाद उन्होंने मुस्लिम धर्म गुरुओं से पगड़ी पहनी, लेकिन छुपकर बंद कमरे में। https://t.co/0Y6gcRWNZF
— Sanjay Singh AAP (@SanjayAzadSln) November 1, 2017
So how is it fake ?
1. The video is from May 2016 when Gujarat elections were not due.
2. It’s from Ajmer Sharif which is in Rajasthan, not Gujrat
3. Above all, it was not a hidden close room job, Modi ji himself tweeted the photo and so was posted on Gov website too.
This clearly hows the frustration of fake news spreaders. Infact the obvious proof of their desperation and not a mistake is despite being cleared by many tweeples, Fake News debunkers like SMHoaxSlayer, BoomLive etc, no one deleted or apologized for tweets.
पर मोदी जी ने फोटो तो 'खुलकर' ट्वीट किया पिछले साल ०२/०५/१६
"Had interaction with Sayed Fakhar Kazmi Chisty of Ajmer Sharif & delegation." https://t.co/TaC9yGq3YX
— SM Hoax Slayer (@SMHoaxSlayer) November 2, 2017
Fake. No connection to Gujarat elections. This video is from last year. Here's the PM's tweet https://t.co/vT6dklVGdS
— BOOM FactCheck (@boomlive_in) November 2, 2017
Narendrea Modi Tweeted –
Had a great interaction with Sayed Fakhar Kazmi Chisty of Ajmer Sharif & the accompanying delegation. pic.twitter.com/1zcZJ9R164
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) May 2, 2016
Official handle of Prime Minister –
— PIB India (@PIB_India) May 2, 2016
Official Website of Prime Minister –
Thanks to BoomLive for slaying this fake news.
- Video of a women crowd rushing in a mall is neither from India nor related to Corona pandemic. - May 23, 2020
- Trimmed clip of a comedy program is viral as real, claimed as a ‘Miyan’ mistook a thermal scanner for a gun. - May 14, 2020
- A 2 year old photo of an IAF chopper showering petals is claimed as Corona warriors’ appreciation by ANI, DD and others. - May 4, 2020