While people have lost their lives, stranded, homeless, army and government are trying hard to save and help the citizens, few are spreading fake photos and videos for unknown reasons. It’s quite forgivable for the ones who are forwarding these wrong images and videos out of panic and emotions but then who actually are starting these and for what purpose is a mystery.
Let’s check few viral images and videos with the truth.
1. A Human bridge by army in Kerala
The above photo is viral claiming that Indian army has formed a human bridge to help people cross an overflowing river which also broke the real bridge.
Although the original credible source couldn’t be found but this photo dates back 8 years ago i.e 2010 from China, click here for proof
In fact a mainstream media indiatimes also has goofed up in year 2013 claiming this to be Indian Army
2. This image is viral claimed as a dealer of Renault cars whose stock is stuck in flood.
Mainstream media – ABP News
1. #KeralaFloods Just to give everyone an update on the kerala floods. The situation is very very bad.
Things have gone from bad to worse in the last two days. And the rain is not expected to subside for a couple of days more. The entire state is on red alert and
2nd 👇🏻 pic.twitter.com/vsJ4ha8sRI
— KilaFateh #INC (@KilaFateh) August 15, 2018
This photo is 5 years old, that is from 2013
3. A video in which a house fell in water is vrial claiming to be from Kerala recent floods.
The video is from West Bengal, you can also hear people talking in Bengali in the video
Caught on cam: 2-storey building collapses in Bankura, West Bengal due to heavy rains and floods
4. A video of a a flooded airport is viral claiming to be of Kerala
The same video was also viral in July claiming to be from Mumbai Airport but this actually is from Mexico, last year i. Aug 2017
This was debunked by SMHoaxSlayer in July
5. A video is viral showing cars floating in water followed by houses/sheds
This video is actually of Japan Tsunami